How to care for your granite tiles
If you have granite floor tiles or worktops you need to ensure you’re looking after them correctly. Follow these simple steps and you will be rid of smears and have a gleaming granite surface.
1. To ensure granite tiles look their best and will last the years, the surface should be cleaned every day. Warm soapy water can be used for every day cleaning but be sure to rinse over it otherwise a filmy residue will be left behind. The Style Sunsplash All Purpose Cloth is perfect to keep granite looking like new.
2. Any spillages and dropped food should be removed straight away to prevent discoloration from certain foods such as curries and strong spices. Again, use a wet Style Sunsplash All Purpose Cloth which you can pop into the washing machine when you’re done.
3. Especially at this time of year when windows are left open, breeze, dust and pollen can settle on floors and worktops. Dry mop or use a dust cloth to sweep away any unwanted particles that may accumulate on the tiles. Try the Microfibre Dust Cloth that picks up 40% more dust pick up than standard dust cloths.
4. Clean the granite once a week with an approved granite cleaner to keep surfaces looking ship shape. Use a Sponge Cloth which is super absorbent to get stuck into the surface and restore shine. Rinse a few times to ensure all traces are removed.
5. Wipe over with the Micro & Power Cloth until your granite gleams!