Halloween; these days it seems a firm decision has to be made – either stock up on sweets and kit yourself out in a creepy costume. Or sit in the dark and pretend no one’s home.
If you are planning a ghoulish gathering of witches, werewolves, monsters and vampires, then we’ve put together the perfect guide to preparing your haunted house… and cleaning up the aftermath.
Everyone loves a fake spider, but the real thing…
While you might want to turn your home into a creepy crypt and invest in frightening fake cobwebs and spooky looking spiders, no one wants to see the real thing!
Inject some microfibre magic into your pre-party clean by whipping round your house with a Microfibre Dust Cloth. What’s the attraction? As well as being ideal for all surfaces, the electrostatic charge attracts and holds 40% more dust than a traditional cotton dust cloth.
Having a pumpkin panic?
Before you start carving your chilling creation, lay down newspapers under the pumpkin for easy cleanup. However if you are reading this too late, use a spoon to scrape off as much as possible, then clean it up quickly and easily with a solution of dishwashing liquid and water using a Microfibre 2in1 Kitchen Cloth, which removes the toughest dirt, even without chemicals, or scratching surfaces.
Sticky sweets stuck in the carpet?
From dealing with sugar highs, to sticky sweets stuck in the carpet, Halloween can haunt us for weeks to come. But don’t be scared! This simple solution will ensure you don’t come unstuck, but the stubborn sweet does:
• Lift up as much of the sweet as possible
• Mix 1 teaspoon of washing up liquid with 1 cup of lukewarm water.
• Blot the stain using this solution and an all purpose cloth such as the Style Sunsplash All Purpose Cloth, which is super-absorbent and, importantly, durable.
• Finish by blotting with water, then scrape off the sweet
Get your windows eggs-tra clean after Halloween
There has been a crackdown in recent years on shops selling flour and eggs before Halloween, but if you do become the victim of a horror-ble trick and get egged, here’s what to do.
What you need:
• Bicarbonate of Soda
• Warm water
• Garden hose
• Vileda Window and Glass Cloth
What to do:
• Always wash from the bottom up and do it as soon as possible
• Wet the area below the egg to reduce the possibility of it sticking lower down
• Gently hose the egg off – don’t use a high-pressure stream of water as it will simply splatter
• Take your cloth and, using the solution of bicarbonate of soda and warm water (not hot that will make it congeal even more), gently wipe
• Rinse thoroughly with the hose.